American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid Course
- See Course Calendar
- Same Day American Heart Association (AHA) Certification
- Heartsaver First Aid can be added on to any BLS CPR or Heartsaver Course
More Courses can be found on our Course Calendar
American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid is intended for anyone who need a course completion card for their job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. This course is also approved for US Coast Guard training.
After successfully completing the Heartsaver First Aid Course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid resources
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protection gloves
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke .
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries and illnesses
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid resources
There is no written exam, Students must pass a skills test in order to qualify for an American Heart Association Heartsaver Course Completion Card.